By Dr Forest Tennant
We are pleased to share information from Dr. Forest Tennant, grandfather of PracticalPainManagement.com, teacher of intractable pain and arachnoiditis management. Read more about Dr. Tennant here.
Arachnoiditis is a complication of epidural steroid injections (ESI) wherein the normal layer of arachnoid tissue is chronically inflamed and painful. Read our review article about epidural steroid injections here. There is no cure and many patients have been driven to suicide, most recently Jen on Twitter.
It is because of Jen that we post this for wide dissemination and the spread of hope to those with intractable pain. Share with your doctors, neighbors and patients with pain, especially pain that lasts 24 hours:
TRYPTOPHAN 500 – 1000 MG EVERY 4-6 HRS
TAKE ANY 2 OF THESE:
WHITE WILLOW BARK
2. SLEEPMELATONIN 10 – 20 MG WITH BENADRYL 25 MG
3. PRESCRIPTION MEDICATIONS FOR PAIN (NON-OPIOIDS)
- AMPHETAMINE SALTS (ADDERAL®): 10 - 20 MG OR METHYLPHENIDATE 10 – 20 MG: USE 2 - 3 TIMES/DAY
- CLONIDINE 0.1 MG: USE 3-4 TIMES/DAY
- TOPIRAMATE (TOPAMAX®): 50 – 100 MG, 2X/DAY OR GABAPENTIN 100 MG USE 3 TIMES/DAY
This regimen is from Dr. Forest Tennant, who has faithfully honored many patients by striving to relieve their intractable pain and suffering. Thank you, Dr. Tennant.
You can contribute to Dr. Tennant's defense fund (his office was raided by the DEA) here and read more about his many contributions here.