Positively Persevering - One Hug at a Time!
You do need to actually Pass it Along, because all Hugs are Shared!
Did You Know?
Hugging heart-to-heart, with chests touching, for 30 seconds or so .... that's as good for you as exercise and vegetables, some say! Read on for specifics:
10 Health Benefits of a Real Hug
- Releases the bonding, 'happy' hormone oxytocin from the brain
- Relaxes the muscles, releasing tension
- Decreases depression and anxiety
- Decreases blood pressure and heart rate
- Decreases stress hormone levels of cortisone and norepinephrine
- Decreases stress after heart attack
- Decreases stress after stroke
- Improves pain tolerance
- Improves immune function, with fewer and less severe colds
- Improves school and work performance
And by the way, those non-affectionate hugs? They don't do.
The hug has to be nice and firm, a real hug!