Thursday, October 25, 2012

Age 24: Applications


To view Article beginning on Age 1, please Click Here.
__________

by Dr. Margaret Aranda


Most of my friends were interviewing at 40 different medical schools. They submitted Applications, replete with their Personal Statements.  The Personal Statement was an essay that was to fill one page.  In it, was the life story of each medical student.  What compelled them to try to be a doctor. There was a story that once, a pre-med student simply drew a picture of Mickey Mouse on his Personal Statement (with no composition), and later got accepted to medical school.
.


I didn't believe that story.  I wrote 200 revisions of my Statement, knowing that it was all-important.  I gave a copy to my teachers, my Counselor, my friends, my co-workers, my family.  I changed it here and there.  I think my writing skills helped me to write a good Statement, and here the enlightenment came that I was good at writing.  All my pre-medical school friends asked me to help them write their statements.  I fixed the grammar, lightened up the color, gave substance and form.

I sent Applications to 17 different programs, most of them in California.  I interviewed in San Diego for the Medical Scientist Training Program, which would have been a 6-year Program for both my M.D. and Ph.D.  I would have liked a Ph.D. in Immunology.  I also interviewed at Oral Roberts University School of Medicine, Stanford, and University of California at Davis, amongst others.


I prayed that I would only get accepted to one school, because I wanted God to guide me.

I prayed and I waited to get accepted.

I just waited.



________________________


ORDER NOW! Dr. Aranda's books, please click here:



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dr. Margaret Aranda's Books:

No More Tears en Espanol
Face Book Page: Stepping from the Edge
Little Missy Two-Shoes Likes to go to School
From Menarche to Menopause: A Journey through Time



To Order Dr. Aranda's books, please click here:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For Additional Memoirs by Dr. Margaret Aranda, Please Click Here:

Age 31: The Color Blue



__________________________
Additional Articles by Dr. Margaret Aranda

Medical Disclaimer: Nothing on this website is meant to diagnose, treat, or practice medicine. You must be seen in person by a physician for appropriate and individual medical treatment. If you have an emergency, call 9-1-1 in the USA.

Link Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any links that go outside of this website.

Full Disclosure: Margaret A. Ferrante, M.D.  is an Institute Physician with Cenegenics Medical Institute.  She receives no monetary compensation for hosting this website you are on, which is independent and not affiliated with Cenegenics. The information presented is for education and awareness.  Dr. Ferrante currently sees patients out of the Cenegenics office in Beverly Hills, CA. 
To book an appointment for a free Consultation, please email her at: mferrante@cenegenics.com

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, a cliffhanger ending! Can't wait to hear what happened, whether you had a choice, how you decided!
    Jane Ann
    http://www.janeannmclachlan.com

    ReplyDelete

Your Comment Matters to Me! Thanks for your Time and Muaaah!

WITHDRAWAL OF OPIOIDS AND PAIN MANAGEMENT WITHOUT OPIOIDS By Dr Forest Tennant   We are pleased to share information from Dr. Forest Ten...