Sunday, November 4, 2012

Age 27: Repeating the First Year of Medical School


To view Article beginning on Age 1, please Click Here.
__________

by Dr. Margaret Aranda


If I had the right attitude, this could actually be a good year.  I would get the opportunity to repeat all the core medical school classes and retain lots of information.  Hey, it would be a lot easier for me than for all the other medical students, since I will have had all the course material before.  So I decided to go with the flow, so to speak, and await life without overly stressing out.

Anatomy was truly a pleasure this time, instead of being a panic.  
Physiology sunk in, instead of just being crammed in for a test.
Biochemistry went around in circles.
Histology was fun, like a puzzle.


The histology of the kidney.


Still in a panic about passing the Neuroanatomy class, I spent the entire Easter Break with my aunt and uncle in Corpus Christi, Texas.  I studied day and night.  In fact, I remember that when I left to get back on the plane, my uncle drove me through the 'scenic' route as the sun arose.  There were several boats docked at the marina, beautiful in their effervescence.  Above and below were yellow hues reflecting sunlight and hope for tomorrow.  

The effervescence of a marina.

I got an "A" in Neuroanatomy.  I got an "A" in Anatomy.  I knew much more than I thought I would know, and I retained it.

Next year, I would be a second-year medical student.  

I was happy.



ORDER NOW! Dr. Aranda's books, please click here:



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dr. Margaret Aranda's Books:

No More Tears en Espanol
Face Book Page: Stepping from the Edge
Little Missy Two-Shoes Likes to go to School
From Menarche to Menopause: A Journey through Time



To Order Dr. Aranda's books, please click here:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For Additional Memoirs by Dr. Margaret Aranda, Please Click Here:

Age 31: The Color Blue



__________________________
Additional Articles by Dr. Margaret Aranda

Medical Disclaimer: Nothing on this website is meant to diagnose, treat, or practice medicine. You must be seen in person by a physician for appropriate and individual medical treatment. If you have an emergency, call 9-1-1 in the USA.

Link Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any links that go outside of this website.

Full Disclosure: Margaret A. Ferrante, M.D.  is an Institute Physician with Cenegenics Medical Institute.  She receives no monetary compensation for hosting this website you are on, which is independent and not affiliated with Cenegenics. The information presented is for education and awareness.  Dr. Ferrante currently sees patients out of the Cenegenics office in Beverly Hills, CA. 
To book an appointment for a free Consultation, please email her at: mferrante@cenegenics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comment Matters to Me! Thanks for your Time and Muaaah!

WITHDRAWAL OF OPIOIDS AND PAIN MANAGEMENT WITHOUT OPIOIDS By Dr Forest Tennant   We are pleased to share information from Dr. Forest Ten...